People, these are adorable. Adorable, and can be completed in one naptime, even if your little monkeys think “nap” means “twenty minute power charge” (AHEM, Baby Jake. Now give your mama a break!).
Here’s what I used:
- Double-stick tape
- Craft knife and scissors (or just scissors is fine, too)
- Pretty paper: I used scrapbook paper I had left over from other things, but you could use wrapping paper, wall paper, construction paper… Endless options!
Here’s what I did:
NOTE: Obviously, this isn’t the only way to do these, but it was definitely faster than other ways I’ve tried! And around here, faster is good!
- Cut long strips of paper a little wider than your tape.
- Cut a loooooong piece of tape: you want it to go the whole length of your little paper strip. Now stick that tape to your paper.
- Cut the long strip into shorter sections. (Mine were about 3 inches long; I eyeballed it.)
- Fold them in half with the toothpick in the middle. (Don’t fold them in half and then try to put the toothpick in afterwards!)
- Cut a little triangle out of the end of your little flag, if you like.
- All done! So cute! Throw a party!