Twins mean STUFF and lots of it. I’m just going to say it, though: I think I pack a lean, mean diaper bag. I always feel prepared for little crises and emergencies, and important things rarely get forgotten. I’ve worked hard and used trial and error to come up with a list that fits everything in without unnecessary extras, but not missing anything we might (reasonably) need while we’re out.
So, what’s in the bag?
Here’s what’s inside:
- Linking rings and a couple small, quiet toys
- Gas drops, infant acetaminophen, nasal saline spray, droppers and syringes
- Sippy cup (or bottle)
- Baby spoon
- Disposable changing pad
- Burp cloth
- Extra onesie
- Knit hat
- Extra socks
- Extra leggings (DIY your own for under $3 with no sewing!) or pants
- Flannel blanket
- Lightweight sweatshirt
- Travel-size first aid kit
- Disinfecting wipes (double bagged)
- Empty quart- and gallon-sized baggies
- Hand sanitizer and pacifier cleaning wipes
- Rolled-up plastic bags (here’s my how-to) for trash and dirty/wet things
- Extra pacifier and paci clip
I have a Skip Hop Duo diaper bag, and it holds all of this… TIMES TWO. Everything you see in that picture? There is two of almost everything there in that one bag. Plus my wallet, a couple pens and a little notebook, my phone, a travel-size moisturizer and a lip balm. PHEW!