Not only are they creamy and chocolatey and completely delicious… they have THREE ingredients: Oreos, cream cheese, and white chocolate. Now that’s my kind of dessert! They’re also really fancy-looking, so you can take them to a party or give them as gifts in a cute little box.
So here’s what you need:
- 1 bag of regular Oreos
- 1 package cream cheese (I use the reduced-fat kind)
- white chocolate: chips, baking bar, or white chocolate bark**
The Recipe (adapted from Bakerella):
- Set aside 7 cookies from the package (I eat 5. Then I set aside 2.) and crush them.
- Throw the rest of the cookies into a food processor (or put them into a freezer bag and smash, smash, smash away) until they’re fine crumbs.
- Mix in a package of cream cheese with a wooden spoon.
- Shape into balls (about an inch in diameter) and put onto waxed paper. Pop into the freezer for at least 30 minutes so they’re easier to work with.
- Melt the white chocolate by the directions on the package, then dip the balls on at a time. (I used a bamboo skewer to hold them while I dipped them.) While the chocolate is melted still, sprinkle with the 2 cookies you set aside. (If you ate those 2 cookies, though, no big deal.) Leave them on waxed paper again to let the chocolate set up.
- DEVOUR. Then make another batch so other people can try a few.
These are so easy to make very large batches of, and keep in the refrigerator for several days. Although I don’t think ours ever made it that long…
**The bark makes the smoothest coating on the truffles, but I don’t mind mine a little lumpy. I prefer the taste of white chocolate chips.